More than 68,000 VBCPS students will have free software thanks to a new program from Microsoft, the software development corporation. VBCPS is taking advantage of this initiative, which will provide every student in our school division access to the Office 365 suite at no charge.
- You can install the software on up to five compatible PCs and Macs, plus five tablets (including iPad)
- The software may be used with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- The Office subscription lasts for as long as your child is a VBCPS student
- You will receive automatic software updates
To install Office 365 Pro Plus visit login.microsoftonline.com. Mac users look for Office for Mac. Basic directions for installation on both Mac and Windows computers are as follows:
- Sign in with the email@example.com
- Password is the student network password (If your child does not know his/her student ID and network password, have him/her contact the school's Technology Support Technician (TST).)
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Office 365 settings
- Select software and install the 32 bit or 64 bit versions of Office365 depending on the operating system version installed on your computer
- Choose run when prompted
- Office 365 will begin to install
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation
- Select use recommended settings and accept the license agreement
- Installation will be complete and you can use your new Office 365
Office 365 for mobile devices is available for iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone. It consists of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. These apps can be downloaded for free from their respective app stores. Once they are installed you will be prompted to login with the student network account to verify the child as a VBCPS student.
The links below from Microsoft provide additional information related to this program.
The school division cannot provide support for personal computers and other mobile devices. For questions of a general nature, please call the Department of Technology Customer Support Center at 757.263.1111.